Asian Cooking with Parents and Kids
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Abbotsford, VIC
- Product code: PVPT0M
Why cooking with us? We use natural fresh ingredient method, we have coined the phrase “I Tried and I Liked It”. We found that when kids are involved in the preparation of their own meal, they will try and like foods they would not have otherwise given a chance. Children and their parents can learn in a range of classes from sushi classes to dumplings. If cooking and eating are one of life’s greatest pleasures, teach them young. There’s so much to learn through cooking skills that go way beyond the aesthetic value of food. Measuring, weighing, estimating, guesstimating, socializing, learning about tastes, textures; the list goes on. Whatever the case, with expertise in cooking on family food programs, we have seen and helped hundreds of families become better at teaching food at home. Our chef has a working with children check.
- The lifelong benefits of cooking with children and you may create a future home chef
- Kids and Family can cook together and full benefits of cooking
- Edible crafts with fresh ingredients and explore their food options.
- We do the cleanup!!
ON THE DAY
- This hands-on kid cooking class experience lasts for 2 hours
- Enjoy a complimentary refresher drink on arrival
- The chef instructor will do a demonstration for the menu.
- Kids and parents will cook the foods together
- Sit and eat together at the end with a glass of sparkling wines for adult or refresher for kids
Thai Cooking | Jan, May, Sep
- Kaeng- Thai curry paste
- Nam Tok- 'waterfall' beef salad
- Kaeng Khiao Wan-Thai green curry
Japanese Cooking | Feb, Jun, Oct
- Sushi salmon, avocado or vegetarian - GF
- Japanese pancake with vegetable and bacon
Vietnamese Cooking | Mar, Jul, Nov
- Fish Sauce Dipping Sauce | Nuoc cham
- Vietnamese Spring rolls | Chả giò
- Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
- Traditional Chicken Noodle Soup | Pho Ga
Chinese Cooking | Apr, Aug, Dec
- Hun Tun Tang- Wonton Soup
- Mee- Stir-Fried Noodles with Bok Choy
- Chao Fan- Cantonese Fried Rice
KID COOKING PARTY
- We can run this class as a private class for your kid birthday party, family cooking and celebration. Plus you always can select one of our masterclasses as well for adults and kids from 10 years old. There is a minimum spend of $1,200 for up to 10 people including the children.
SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAM
- Join us this school holiday as we embark on a culinary adventure. Together, we will emulate the thrill and rush of a busy kitchen with vibrant colours, tastes and smells as if you were a contestant itself on Master Chef. In this program, you’ll learn how to prepare and cook a wide variety of different dishes, each day, focusing on entirely different cuisine. Our expert chef will guide our guests (10 years+) to prepare various menus over the duration of this course. We’ll learn about knife skills, food safety, how to prepare and cook vegetables, meats, and seafood and also how to make dessert learn more. Plus we run online kids and teens cooking course.
MELBOURNE SCHOOL EXCURSION WITH ASIAN FOODS
- Excursions and incursions are seen as an integral part of your school curriculum as they enable students to explore, extend and enrich their learning and their social skills development, in a non-school setting. Food and cooking as part of your excursions and incursions may have a cultural, environmental or outdoor emphasis and complement the educational programs LEARN MORE.
HOME COOKED GOODNESS SCHOOL HOLIDAY PROGRAM
- Come and cook for a cause! Introducing KiP's inaugural Home Cooked Goodness School Holiday Program! We are super excited about this. KiP is delighted to announce our partnership with OTAO Cooking School. Under the guidance of one of OTAO’s qualified chef’s, you will learn to cook lasagne, pear/apple tart, and Chinese egg tart. These meals will then be donated to Belgium Avenue Neighbourhood House and Prahran Mission for their Easter lunch. But don’t worry, you will be able to sample the food you prepare, and a light lunch is also included. These classes are designed so that you can have a fun, hands-on cooking experience while exploring the gift of giving homemade meals to those in need. LEARN MORE
- We can cater to different dietary requirements - please let us know by email email@example.com
- If you need to cancel or reschedule a booking you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org. You must do this at least 7 days before your class to cancel or reschedule. We are sorry that we cannot refund or rebook any cancellations made online or in-person after this time.
- In the event that you are unwell, we ask that you send someone in your place. The participants who are not unwell will still be expected to attend. Alternatively, if you provide notice prior to the class, you are welcome to collect the ingredients and online recipe to take home with you after the class. Please note that this may not be possible as fresh meats and seafood in all cases and you should call 0408 217 899 to check with the chef team. This cannot be organized via email.
- Lateness: please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time of the class. We cannot accommodate or refund for those who arrive after the scheduled start time, even if you call ahead. The instructor will be expected to start on time and will not be able to repeat the health and safety and/or demonstrations at the beginning of the class.